Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Gotta get me a job...



Here's a little gem I first heard on a road trip I took last June. I was feelin' the pure funkiness of it back then, but now the lyrics hit a little closer to home.

I was enjoying the first few days without a job because it gave me a chance to catch up on a lot of things that I didn't have as much time to do before like: reorganizing my room and getting rid of unnecessary junk, reading, writing in my journal, riding my bike, etc.

The last couple days I finally came back to reality and told myself, "Shit. I don't have a job!" So I've been on the grind and trying to get my hustle on with finding a job, but it's pretty damn frustrating. All that really seems to be out there, based on my education and experience, are Sales jobs, which I'm not really feelin'. Some people love it and are good at it, so more power to them. But it's just not my kind of thing. I had the same sentiment when I first graduated from college, but now that I have actual experience I can say that it's truly not for me.

No comments: